Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Lora Groves Open Studio



If you received a handmade invitation to an open studio that looked like this I suspect you'd be excited to go! Click the image for a much better view.


So was I. Lora Groves is a wonderful coastside artist who works in a secluded studio in the redwoods about 5 miles above Pescadero. She often works in large sheets of cloth as pictured here. I think they are linen, which she colors, paints and sews into evocative patterns of light, color and dark. Bran and I visited her open studio and had a chance not only to view her art, but also to meet family and other friends. I wish we could have stayed longer! I met Lora when she used to occasionally work part time at Moon News ( World's best bookstore!)

She is picture here with (left)"The Whole Cycle of Growth and Renewal is Love" and
(Right)"Some Come in, Some Go Out".