Thursday, May 8, 2008

Whitewater in the Desert!










A few more photos HERE


A Report from the family vacation front by Sarah J.---


"First time rafters, David, John and Thomas enjoyed riding the Blue Whale through the Class II rapids of the freezing Colorado. Our guide made sure that everyone was hit by a big wave. I was left wondering why I didn't pursue a career as a raft guide --- hee ha! My only disappointment was that I lost a bet with David that we would hear the "gnarly" before the day was over. What's happened to the lingo, dude???

The Red Rocks were amazing. The desert was a green as it gets, with lots of wildflowers. The kids loved the crust fungus, lizards, snake, birds and all the animal tracks. What a great place for a wedding. There was even a circle around the sun during the ceremony."
________
Wow pretty cool - I know I'm jealous...